Our exhibit was used by Soviet forces in the war against Finland in the winter of 1940/41. It was captured and used by the Finnish Army, in whose markings it is seen. Later the engine was removed and the tank buried, up to its turret, as part of the fixed defences of the Manneheim Line.
The damage to the vehicle dates from the time of its capture in the Winter of 1940.
(From museum website)